From time-to-time we feel it’s important to share with potential customers (who may not be as familiar with us as others) why you and your business should consider Hawker Richardson if you’re thinking of investing in an SMT line.
A total line solution (TLS) is a significant investment and we go above and beyond to help you make the right choice, delivering the results you need to meet your targets.
1) REASSURANCE – Hawker Richardson has been operating for over 90 years in Australasia, with some customers choosing to work with the business over decades. This should provide reassurance that Hawker Richardson will work with you before, during and after your investment. In addition, our experienced Service Engineers can run complex simulations during the initial costing phase so you can see accurate data to assist you with making an informed decision.
2) QUALITY – Hawker Richardson works with some of the best SMT machine manufacturers in the world including (but not limited to) Yamaha, Heller, Nutek, PVA etc. Although good quality brands often require higher budgeting, the reward is seen quickly through both ROI and reliability.
3) FLEXIBILITY – whether you’re looking to mount 0201 components or require the flexibility of greater height at 28mm, Hawker Richardson has a range of mounters to meet those needs. From high speed (CPS) or desktop mounters for R&D, Hawker Richardson has the flexibility to meet your exacting requirements.
4) NO COMPROMISES – you don’t have to compromise speed over flexibility. For example, Yamaha machines are designed for both. This means that if you are a growing business and the priority at the moment is with flexibility across a wide range of boards. Eventually, you might end up requiring greater speed as you develop, so you don’t have to compromise one over the other.
5) LONGEVITY – as Hawker Richardson only supplies high quality SMT machines, you can expect your machine to last for years. This means the machines often runs for decades; and if they’re serviced regularly, they often maintain performance too!
6) TECHNOLOGY – with automation cutting cycle times, Hawker Richardson understands the importance technology plays in your SMT production. Ensuring systems are integrated and there is successful communication from SPI and AOI (if utilised) are paramount in maintaining quality. Similarly, the option for communication to ERP systems and storage solutions can reduce and refine changeovers to provide minimal disruption.
7) TRACEABILITY – for manufacturers where traceability is critical, an SMT line supplied by Hawker Richardson can provide traceability from each component mounted to the board, through the full line and integrated onto the finished board. Through laser marking / barcoding, the board can be traced through each step of the process, allowing analytics to be exported for reporting
8) DATA – with the option to add data at every point of the production process, Hawker Richardson can configure the SMT line to provide maximum analytics so you can ensure your line is running optimally from start to finish. It also allows you to proactively refine the process, ironing out any inefficiencies or elements that could become problematic before they occur.
9) TRAINING – with software becoming increasingly feature-rich with capabilities that can feedback granular information, Hawker Richardson recognises the importance of the challenge of keeping up to date with programming sequences and minute settings on each machine. A Training Portal designed to provide customers with step-by-step ‘How To’ videos, ensures each customer has access to training 24/7.
10) ADDED VALUE – we keep a wide range of spare parts and respond to support requests in a timely fashion. This ensures downtime is minimised and you don’t have to wait weeks for parts to arrive from offshore.