The Modern Manufacturing Strategy (MMS) is a whole-of-government strategy to help Australian manufacturing scale-up, become more competitive and resilient — creating jobs for now and future generations.
The MMS is being delivered through 4 pillars:
• Getting the economic conditions right for business
• Making science and technology work for industry
• Focusing on areas of advantage
• Building national resilience for a strong economy
• Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing – Opens 13 December 2021
• Space – Opens 13 December 2021
• Medical Products – Opens 13 December 2021
• Food and Beverage – Opens 17 December 2021
• Recycling and Clean Energy – Opens 17 December 2021
• Defence – Opens 17 December 202
The program is competitive with applications, and is open through to 5pm AEDT on 14 January 2022.
Further information, including the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and a sample application form, is available on business.gov.au at: Modern Manufacturing Initiative Round 2.1.
The Manufacturing Integration Stream supports projects that integrate Australian businesses into domestic and international value chains, propelling their goods and services into new markets. It provides co-funding to encourage linkages between local businesses, and domestic and international firms, increasing scale, supply capacity, and the ability to innovate.